EYFS 2019 - 2020
Phase 1 Lead
Welcome to Red Class!
Mrs Atar, Miss Lee and Miss Boyd are really excited to be teaching EYFS this year! We have lots of fantastic opportunities in store for the children to explore.
We will be using the website to share lots of information with children and parents, including galleries showcasing our learning, letters and calender dates.
Reading please read at home every night with your child and sign their reading diary as this is your childs homework. Children will be awarded Dojo's for reading at home every night.
P.E lessons every Wednesday please bring your P.E kit.
Snack money £1.50 due in every Monday. We provide a healthy snack each day which includes toast, crackers, pitta bread with cucumber and carrot batons, banana/apple soreen and a selection of fruit.
Keeping Ourselves Healthy
This half term we will be learning all about the importance of looking after our bodies through.......
- Talking about and sorting healthy and unhealthy foods.
- Discussing the importance of sleep, teeth brushing and exercise.
- Finding out about how our bodies change through exercise.
- Talk about Farmers and the work they do.
- Talk about plants that grow and how they provide us with food and drink.
We are going to walk to the local shop and buy some vegetables to make a healthy soup and pay using selected coins deveoping coin recognition and begining to use everyday language related to money. Please see our photo gallery which will be updated each time we visit the shop.
Jigsaw Dreams and Goals
This half term we will be;
- I understand that if I perservere I can tackle challenges.
- I can tell you about a time I didn't give up until I achieved a goal.
- I can set a goal and work towards it.
- I can use kind words to encoruage people.
- I understand the link between what I learn now and the jobs I might like to do when I am older.
- I can say how I feel when I achieve a goal and what it means to feel proud
Files to Download
EYFS: Gallery items
Local Shop, by Mrs Atar