EYFS 2019 - 2020
Phase 1 Lead
Welcome to Red Class!
Mrs Atar, Miss Lee and Miss Boyd are really excited to be teaching EYFS this year! We have lots of fantastic opportunities in store for the children to explore.
We will be using the website to share lots of information with children and parents, including galleries showcasing our learning, letters and calender dates.
Reading please read at home every night with your child and sign their reading diary as this is your childs homework. Children will be awarded Dojo's for reading at home every night.
P.E lessons every Wednesday please bring your P.E kit.
Snack money £1.50 due in every Monday. We provide a healthy snack each day which includes toast, crackers, pitta bread with cucumber and carrot batons, banana/apple soreen and a selection of fruit.
Famous for Five Minutes
This half term we will be learning about significant people and their achievements eg Florence Nightingale, Grace Darling, Queen Victoria, Vincent Van Gogh and Wassily Kandinsky
- Learn about similarities and differences between life in the past and life life today.
- Create art in the style of famous artist Vincent Van Gogh's 'Sunflowers' using a range of media and textures.
- Explore colour mixing and create art in the style of Wassily Kandinsky.
- Talk about the differences and similarities between towns and the countryside.
Easter and signs of Spring
- Talk about changes from Winter to Spring and discuss how the children have changed since September.
- Create Springtime art.
- Talk about how children are feeling about Spring and the festivals coming up eg Easter, Mothering Sunday, Mardi Gras and Holi.
- Retell and sequence significant events in the Easter story.
We are going to walk around the school grounds and to Phoenix Park to looks for signs of Spring.
Jigsaw Healthy Me!
This half term we will be;
- I understand that I need to exercise to keep my body healthy.
- I know which foods are healthy and not so healthy and can make healthy eating choices.
- I know what the word healthy means.
- I understand why sleep is good for me.
- I understand the why it is important to wash my hands.
- I know what a stranger is and how to stay safe.
Files to Download
EYFS: Gallery items
Local Shop, by Mrs Atar